Total Pageviews

Monday 18 April 2011

Thought

Yet again I Am hit by insomnia and spend the night awake. It has, on the upside, given me alot of time to think. Recently life hasn't been going exactly how I want it to, yet still I seem to be able to retain my sanity. This led me to think about, ironically the thought process' in the brain. There have been times in the past where I have been genuinely depressed, yet this doesn't seem to be one of them. This led me to believe that when you can accept something, your brain takes a more logical approach to things and says 'hey, it'll blow over soon enough', rather than when it is more of a shock (e.g. When life is going good and something bad happens, your brain panics and depression and confusion take a hold. We all seem to under estimate our brains power, considering the amount of hardware it's running, all at once might I add, and stil leaving us the spare processing power to think, to feel emotion, yet still be so untapped that we use little of it. When a string of bad things happen and life isn't going your way, our brain gets used to the processing of dealing with the information, as it has saved the bests way to deal with it due to the previous experience, making it ten times easier to block out emotions that would cloud judgement. On the otherhand, if something bad happens after a string of good, shock and panic set in. Your brain has been used to processing good information and emotion, that when the bad happens it literally doesn't have a clue what to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment